Prem Surya Kumar
Yonder, yonder, yonder
The bull carts tread the meadows slow hither
And the early birds fly the mountains thither!
Up, yet up, and up more
The pink sun, smiling, clambers hill over
As tender leaves wake from drooping snore!
Over, and over, all over
The grass lands, Spring Time does squander,
And kisses the flowers, they quiver!
Under, under, down under
The blankets the lazy-wretch slumber,
And the new-weds, cuddled up, whisper!
Then, and now, like ever
The maids here come, and drop in water,
And louder my heart beats, quicker, quicker!
Slow, and fast, now faster,
Swaying around the cane field corner,
There comes my sweet heart, nearer and near!
Prem Surya Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morning by Prem Surya Kumar )
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster
- Never the end, Curtis Brown
- LOVE FOLDS, shannon strauss
- Shattered Heart, Curtis Brown
- The Guitarist, Aya Nasr