The Promise of Love
Take his hand...promise love, friendship and to always be there.
Take his love...cherish it...become one with him.
Reach out...touch him with your love...let him bathe in
Smother him in trust, confidence...reward him with loyalty...
wanting only he.
Listen to his feelings...blending within them...
feel his emotions...share in their meaning.
Look into his eyes...see his goodness...never let those
enter who aren't caring...sincere.
Make important your lives together...as a whole...
and happiness, love...will be your forever.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Promise of Love by Carmella Opie )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Angel Feather, The Mowjo
Poem of the Day
- Juno, Peter Black
- Realization of Mistake, Peter Black
- The River of Life, Peter Black
- The River Acheron, Peter Black
- Song Of Innocence, Moloy Bhattacharya
- Dead To You, Dexsta Ray
- vocal cords caught in the keyboard, Mandolyn ...
- Insanity 2, Daimon Bagley
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon