The Promise of Love
Take his hand...promise love, friendship and to always be there.
Take his love...cherish it...become one with him.
Reach out...touch him with your love...let him bathe in
Smother him in trust, confidence...reward him with loyalty...
wanting only he.
Listen to his feelings...blending within them...
feel his emotions...share in their meaning.
Look into his eyes...see his goodness...never let those
enter who aren't caring...sincere.
Make important your lives together...as a whole...
and happiness, love...will be your forever.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Promise of Love by Carmella Opie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- We, the great family, ANIL KARKI
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock