The Promise of Love
Take his hand...promise love, friendship and to always be there.
Take his love...cherish it...become one with him.
Reach out...touch him with your love...let him bathe in
Smother him in trust, confidence...reward him with loyalty...
wanting only he.
Listen to his feelings...blending within them...
feel his emotions...share in their meaning.
Look into his eyes...see his goodness...never let those
enter who aren't caring...sincere.
Make important your lives together...as a whole...
and happiness, love...will be your forever.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Promise of Love by Carmella Opie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Truth, Michael McParland
- The Sweetness, Michael McParland
- The Sweetest Girl, Michael McParland
- The Storm, Michael McParland
- The Step, Michael McParland
- The Sound, Michael McParland
- The Scene, Michael McParland
- The Only One, Michael McParland
- The Night Glorious Light, Michael McParland
- The Move, Michael McParland