Life and Trying
Todays hardships blended with yesterdays pain...
leaves questions for tomorrow that still remain.
Amidst our tears are desires and dreams...
to accomplish our goals...to acquire the means.
Perplexed and dismayed...give up - we will not...
We work even harder to keep what we'ce got.
Anxities attack...we conquer them all...
the challenges rush us...both great ones and small.
The strength that we have...the get up and go...
the realization that...it's often who you know.
So you give it your all...with schooling and such...
and as it pays off...you feel so in touch.
Success when it comes...you hope it to be...
something that is worthy of thee.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Life and Trying by Carmella Opie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman