This Magical Day
This magical day...your wedding...when I give you a kiss goodbye...
yes, my darling daughter...you'll see your mother cry.
Some of those tears will be of happiness...
seeing you wed such a wonderful guy.
And some of those tears are from yesterdays...remembering my little girl...who grew from a rough neck tom boy...into a precious pearl.
Included are tears of saddness...feeling helpless with your growing pains...wanting always to give you answers...to those questions that might still remain.
I told you then as I do now...that life is an unfinished book...with each new day is a chapter...to stop awhile...and take a look.
For the world is your adventure land...to make happy, prosperous or sad...so make the best of each and every day...to assure in the end...you'll be glad.
All I'll add in advice my darling...on your magical, wonderous day...
is to return all the love the he gives you...in your charming and girlish way.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (This Magical Day by Carmella Opie )
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)