This Magical Day
This magical day...your wedding...when I give you a kiss goodbye...
yes, my darling daughter...you'll see your mother cry.
Some of those tears will be of happiness...
seeing you wed such a wonderful guy.
And some of those tears are from yesterdays...remembering my little girl...who grew from a rough neck tom boy...into a precious pearl.
Included are tears of saddness...feeling helpless with your growing pains...wanting always to give you answers...to those questions that might still remain.
I told you then as I do now...that life is an unfinished book...with each new day is a chapter...to stop awhile...and take a look.
For the world is your adventure land...to make happy, prosperous or sad...so make the best of each and every day...to assure in the end...you'll be glad.
All I'll add in advice my darling...on your magical, wonderous day...
is to return all the love the he gives you...in your charming and girlish way.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (This Magical Day by Carmella Opie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Language, Our Friend, Sandra Feldman
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz