This Magical Day
This magical day...your wedding...when I give you a kiss goodbye...
yes, my darling daughter...you'll see your mother cry.
Some of those tears will be of happiness...
seeing you wed such a wonderful guy.
And some of those tears are from yesterdays...remembering my little girl...who grew from a rough neck tom boy...into a precious pearl.
Included are tears of saddness...feeling helpless with your growing pains...wanting always to give you answers...to those questions that might still remain.
I told you then as I do now...that life is an unfinished book...with each new day is a chapter...to stop awhile...and take a look.
For the world is your adventure land...to make happy, prosperous or sad...so make the best of each and every day...to assure in the end...you'll be glad.
All I'll add in advice my darling...on your magical, wonderous day...
is to return all the love the he gives you...in your charming and girlish way.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (This Magical Day by Carmella Opie )
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Still here Still here?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I, the Poet-Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Desperation does what long years Do not .., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Clock Is Fast Turning, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emotions occurrences, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The same going round and round, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)