Whispers of the Night
Listen to the whispers of the night...
can you sense those feelings reaching out.
Don't close your mind to the rapture of intimate thoughts...grasp all that you can...quickly...before it disappears into the vapors of the eve.
Let yourself wonder into the depths of total recall...
shut your eyes...so you can see...hurry before it's too late...
for it passes by so utterly fast.
What did you hear...feel...those moments are yours...
experiences that will be with you all your lifetime.
Be glad...for not many have been welcomed to share in...
the whispers of the night.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Whispers of the Night by Carmella Opie )
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)