Whispers of the Night
Listen to the whispers of the night...
can you sense those feelings reaching out.
Don't close your mind to the rapture of intimate thoughts...grasp all that you can...quickly...before it disappears into the vapors of the eve.
Let yourself wonder into the depths of total recall...
shut your eyes...so you can see...hurry before it's too late...
for it passes by so utterly fast.
What did you hear...feel...those moments are yours...
experiences that will be with you all your lifetime.
Be glad...for not many have been welcomed to share in...
the whispers of the night.
Carmella Opie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Whispers of the Night by Carmella Opie )
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George