Bechara El Khoury
The prettiness which it is going to thin its mode.
He cries and laughs irregularly once he is happy once he is sad.
As an adorer lover practices love for the first time then cuts out.
Out of the glimmering of the stars there is whispering on his poems.
From the glance of runaway deer, he creates his rhythms sometimes.
His heart has practiced all types of pleasure when he was youthful.
As if the bud touches the wind and soon it is flowerful
What about the brownish daisy, does she divert her passion against us?
Her beauty softens our sights as twice as it does.
If you knew how many griefs, have I suffered?
You may be the softened one who gives consoles and forgiveness.
The early morn you reveal the smiling of hope upon your visage.
My wrath calms down and my unruly heart turns obedient.
I am unconcerned if the love tongue whispers on my ears.
Whether the time smiles to me or frowns on its manner.
The garden is a dim place if it is clear out of chanting birds.
Heart is alike it becomes unlively if it is clear out of love.
Bechara El Khoury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The prettiness which it is going to thin its mode. by Bechara El Khoury )
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)