Bechara El Khoury
Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows.
Oh! What wonder! The joint eyebrows look shiny upon thy brow.
If you have intended to slay me once, you had killed me twice. Lo!
What do you suspect on me since I do not intend something is terrible?
Is it the paleness spot on my brow or my hands show tremble?
You pass swiftly as a young deer between the sidewalks hither to me.
Neither have I thought to entrap you nor allowing my eyes to glance thee
You look as if you did not see me, although our eyes met together.
Your act is similar to my act, woe to both reckless lovers.
My lord you tear out my being except my eyes glimmer faintly.
I had patience until the bitter passion could enhance me to die calmly.
You shall not read my verse again and this is awful doing.
I fear the rhythms damn you, everywhere you are going.
Bechara El Khoury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows. by Bechara El Khoury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton
- Shroud Of Smile, Rex mayor Ubini
- You, Jacob macharia
- नायहरदोँ आं गसंनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery