Bechara El Khoury
Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows.
Oh! What wonder! The joint eyebrows look shiny upon thy brow.
If you have intended to slay me once, you had killed me twice. Lo!
What do you suspect on me since I do not intend something is terrible?
Is it the paleness spot on my brow or my hands show tremble?
You pass swiftly as a young deer between the sidewalks hither to me.
Neither have I thought to entrap you nor allowing my eyes to glance thee
You look as if you did not see me, although our eyes met together.
Your act is similar to my act, woe to both reckless lovers.
My lord you tear out my being except my eyes glimmer faintly.
I had patience until the bitter passion could enhance me to die calmly.
You shall not read my verse again and this is awful doing.
I fear the rhythms damn you, everywhere you are going.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows. by Bechara El Khoury )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth
- Odia Poem- BAPA, Jitendra seth
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie