Bechara El Khoury
Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows.
Oh! What wonder! The joint eyebrows look shiny upon thy brow.
If you have intended to slay me once, you had killed me twice. Lo!
What do you suspect on me since I do not intend something is terrible?
Is it the paleness spot on my brow or my hands show tremble?
You pass swiftly as a young deer between the sidewalks hither to me.
Neither have I thought to entrap you nor allowing my eyes to glance thee
You look as if you did not see me, although our eyes met together.
Your act is similar to my act, woe to both reckless lovers.
My lord you tear out my being except my eyes glimmer faintly.
I had patience until the bitter passion could enhance me to die calmly.
You shall not read my verse again and this is awful doing.
I fear the rhythms damn you, everywhere you are going.
Bechara El Khoury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows. by Bechara El Khoury )
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
- Then and Now, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Atomic Genius, Naveed Akram
- Grieving, Phil Soar
- Watering the plants, gajanan mishra
- Wait for, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)