Bechara El Khoury
Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows.
Oh! What wonder! The joint eyebrows look shiny upon thy brow.
If you have intended to slay me once, you had killed me twice. Lo!
What do you suspect on me since I do not intend something is terrible?
Is it the paleness spot on my brow or my hands show tremble?
You pass swiftly as a young deer between the sidewalks hither to me.
Neither have I thought to entrap you nor allowing my eyes to glance thee
You look as if you did not see me, although our eyes met together.
Your act is similar to my act, woe to both reckless lovers.
My lord you tear out my being except my eyes glimmer faintly.
I had patience until the bitter passion could enhance me to die calmly.
You shall not read my verse again and this is awful doing.
I fear the rhythms damn you, everywhere you are going.
Bechara El Khoury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Oh! Who you have joint eyebrows. by Bechara El Khoury )
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
- Like our dream, Aftab Alam
- A puppet in times hand, Aftab Alam
- Nature's arts., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)