Bechara El Khoury
I die after you…
Shun away from me, my feelings die early.
Live your enjoyable life as long as you can abandon me.
What do you lose if you stay as a dear lover?
Didst your eyes see not your interesting figure?
There was remnant of passion on my soul of thee lover.
However, its firebrand extinguished after your departure.
You make from my eyelids pillow to rest.
And from my eyes the bed however you want.
Didst you build at my expense your passion pillar?
Opposite of you I raise your throne above my shoulder.
I gave back to all poets their rank to be their master.
I subdue all lovers to be slaves follow your order.
Is it defecting on me if I come and enter?
O, meadow to smell thy roses scent I am eager.
Compared with your shiny cheek, the dawn appears dim.
Do you borrow your check to the dawn not to be grim?
Compared with the soft breeze you are thinner.
Can you donate the breeze to be softer?
Your check is more delicious than the cup of wine taster.
Do you borrow the cup something of your honey pleasure?
What do about your mother heart if you leave her?
Yet you do not reach the maturity year.
She bends her bosom to you kindly.
Hopeful she waits your returning to be merry.
Translated by:Mohammad Mahmud ahmad
Bechara El Khoury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I die after you… by Bechara El Khoury )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Northern Lights, Angela Wybrow
- Beyond Internal Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beautiful Days, Michael P. McParland
- Beautiful, Michael P. McParland
- Back To Bed, Michael P. McParland
- Awake, Michael P. McParland
- As Long As You, Michael P. McParland
- Are You There 2?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You There?, Michael P. McParland
- About Love, Sandra Feldman