Bechara El Khoury
I die after you…
Shun away from me, my feelings die early.
Live your enjoyable life as long as you can abandon me.
What do you lose if you stay as a dear lover?
Didst your eyes see not your interesting figure?
There was remnant of passion on my soul of thee lover.
However, its firebrand extinguished after your departure.
You make from my eyelids pillow to rest.
And from my eyes the bed however you want.
Didst you build at my expense your passion pillar?
Opposite of you I raise your throne above my shoulder.
I gave back to all poets their rank to be their master.
I subdue all lovers to be slaves follow your order.
Is it defecting on me if I come and enter?
O, meadow to smell thy roses scent I am eager.
Compared with your shiny cheek, the dawn appears dim.
Do you borrow your check to the dawn not to be grim?
Compared with the soft breeze you are thinner.
Can you donate the breeze to be softer?
Your check is more delicious than the cup of wine taster.
Do you borrow the cup something of your honey pleasure?
What do about your mother heart if you leave her?
Yet you do not reach the maturity year.
She bends her bosom to you kindly.
Hopeful she waits your returning to be merry.
Translated by:Mohammad Mahmud ahmad
Bechara El Khoury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I die after you… by Bechara El Khoury )
- Master of Money, Alfred Barna
- Rooms, Abbas Beydoun
- Eagle Dream, Kwai Chee Low
- Hieroglyphics, Mohammed Bennis
- Night Owl, Kwai Chee Low
- Feast in candlelight, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Countryside Today, Sentamu Aziz
- When the sky still had no name, Fadhil Al Azzawi
- Golden Sacrifice, Kwai Chee Low
- Inside a black hole, Fadhil Al Azzawi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)