Bechara El Khoury
I die after you…
Shun away from me, my feelings die early.
Live your enjoyable life as long as you can abandon me.
What do you lose if you stay as a dear lover?
Didst your eyes see not your interesting figure?
There was remnant of passion on my soul of thee lover.
However, its firebrand extinguished after your departure.
You make from my eyelids pillow to rest.
And from my eyes the bed however you want.
Didst you build at my expense your passion pillar?
Opposite of you I raise your throne above my shoulder.
I gave back to all poets their rank to be their master.
I subdue all lovers to be slaves follow your order.
Is it defecting on me if I come and enter?
O, meadow to smell thy roses scent I am eager.
Compared with your shiny cheek, the dawn appears dim.
Do you borrow your check to the dawn not to be grim?
Compared with the soft breeze you are thinner.
Can you donate the breeze to be softer?
Your check is more delicious than the cup of wine taster.
Do you borrow the cup something of your honey pleasure?
What do about your mother heart if you leave her?
Yet you do not reach the maturity year.
She bends her bosom to you kindly.
Hopeful she waits your returning to be merry.
Translated by:Mohammad Mahmud ahmad
Bechara El Khoury's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I die after you… by Bechara El Khoury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey