This bird had an attitude,
Right from the start.
It's bright verdure,
It's cute curved beak.
I told him to say the word love,
And so he recited 'love.'
I asked him to say the phrase,
I love you.
So he said, 'I love you.'
Realizing what he said,
'No I really love you.'
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Parrot by Vera Sidhwa )
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry