Alon Calinao Dy
The Lake of Life
I really have a good time with my wife
Playing, in what we called 'The Spring of Life, '
To haunt some creatures in the wild lake
Of the wide earth that'd make me fully awake.
The lake was so lovely full of vivid beauty,
I could hear the soft and calming melody,
No trace of loneliness in the wild lake
with black rock bound that wasn't fake.
I could see the fine tall pines that towered around,
The mystic wind that blew across the lone virgin lake,
And in the night, shining shells were to be found
And the murmuring sounds of creatures they'd make.
Although the night was a terrifying experience,
It was all worth it because of the thrill we've got;
A wonderful feeling that I now cherish and treasure
For the solace lake that was full of adventures.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lake of Life by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson
- Poem: Let Me Touch His Garment, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Genre-Free Nights Nine 74, Anne Tardos
- The Masculine Point of View Nine 73, Anne Tardos
- The Outsider, Ruth Manning-Sanders