Alon Calinao Dy
My father approached me by surprise
And telling me, he wants to go to a Casino.
However, he'd like me to tell a lie.
I said to my father,
''My mother has the right to know.''
My friend called me on my mobile
To tell his Girlfriend
That he attended the meeting,
But he was on dating.
I confronted my friend,
I said, ''Better inform your girlfriend
Because I just can't tell another lie.''
My wife told me yesterday,
She said, ''I am sorry.''
But when I looked into her eyes,
I saw lack of sincerity.
I told my wife,
''Hey, you can't lie to me.''
Now I ask myself,
Why everyone needs to lie?
It's the lie that I hate,
It's that lie that I don't want it,
It's the lie that I can't forgive,
And it's a lie that I can't forget.
After all, a lie is a lie.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A lie is a lie, so better not hide.
Comments about this poem (A Lie by Alon Calinao Dy )
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
- THE BIRTH LAND, Abhishek Kumar Singh
- Hame Rone ki aadat pad gai, Ahatisham Alam
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.72, Mr. Nobody
- Lovers are Poets and Poets are Lovers, Mr. Nobody
- I dont have to but I love you Blues Song, Dimitri Jagodinski
- Mulder, John Carlos
- I am here to help you, gajanan mishra
- Father, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)