The Knowledgeable Persons Shall Hate Five Types Of Women!
The knowledgeable persons shall hate the
following five types of women, like enemy
and will not have the company
of the girl who has not attained puberty!
of the woman who had attained menopause!
of the ascetic woman who practices asceticism!
of the woman who is not leaving the desire
of beautifying her exuberantly and being a whore
without chastity; and of others wives!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The knowledgeable persons shall hate five types of women! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'siRu panjsa moolam'
பூவாதாள், பூப்புப் புறக்கொடுத்தாள், இலிங்கி,
ஓவாதாள் கோலம் ஒரு பொழுதும் காவாதாள்,
யார் யார் பிறர் மனையாள் உள்ளிட்டு, -இவ் ஐவரையும்
சாரார், பகை போல் சலித்து.41 சிறுபஞ்சமூலம்
Comments about this poem (The Knowledgeable Persons Shall Hate Five Types Of Women! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Anticipation, Roann Mendriq
- I Will Give You Air, Ismim Putera
- Seduction Theory, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Late-night Lullaby, Ismim Putera
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)