The Journey Of My Neighborhood
Opening the old pages of my memory,
a lost childhood becomes my misery.
As I start to wander in my neighborhood again,
I realize what I lost and what I gained.
Journey from an old neighborhood to a new one,
was just a sorrow and had no fun.
Friends of past and friendships of present
became two different things as my life went.
A plant uprooted from a place, old
Shifted to a new soil with hope.
Still he would miss his old mates,
and would grow but in a sorrowful phase.
The place where I would fall and stand
was what I imagined for a paradise land.
I wish if my neighborhood was in a fairy land,
I would be the writer, writing no end.
Time has changed so has my neighborhood,
People so loving has departed to the story books.
Self centered, money has centered them,
Left are the closed houses and dried river banks.
I wonder if I would get that place back,
or it would only exist in my dreams, sad.
For this I lift and close my memory book,
hoping if I get it back, my lost neighborhood.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey Of My Neighborhood by kabeer katariya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara
- A Ball of Rugs, Hannington Mumo
- Behold, O God!, William Browne
- Breakfast, Near A Window, Susan Lacovara
- The Shed, Susan Lacovara
- Rich and Scared, Poor and Safe!, Charles Jagongo
- Love Note 14, Michael P. McParland
- My Only Angel 2, Michael P. McParland