The Journey Of My Neighborhood
Opening the old pages of my memory,
a lost childhood becomes my misery.
As I start to wander in my neighborhood again,
I realize what I lost and what I gained.
Journey from an old neighborhood to a new one,
was just a sorrow and had no fun.
Friends of past and friendships of present
became two different things as my life went.
A plant uprooted from a place, old
Shifted to a new soil with hope.
Still he would miss his old mates,
and would grow but in a sorrowful phase.
The place where I would fall and stand
was what I imagined for a paradise land.
I wish if my neighborhood was in a fairy land,
I would be the writer, writing no end.
Time has changed so has my neighborhood,
People so loving has departed to the story books.
Self centered, money has centered them,
Left are the closed houses and dried river banks.
I wonder if I would get that place back,
or it would only exist in my dreams, sad.
For this I lift and close my memory book,
hoping if I get it back, my lost neighborhood.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey Of My Neighborhood by kabeer katariya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- TEBEHC OUR LOVE WILL FLOURISH, ANTHONY KIRUI
- How to Control the Beast, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Crestfallen, Gilbert Ortega
- The Vampire, Gilbert Ortega
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal