The Journey Of My Neighborhood
Opening the old pages of my memory,
a lost childhood becomes my misery.
As I start to wander in my neighborhood again,
I realize what I lost and what I gained.
Journey from an old neighborhood to a new one,
was just a sorrow and had no fun.
Friends of past and friendships of present
became two different things as my life went.
A plant uprooted from a place, old
Shifted to a new soil with hope.
Still he would miss his old mates,
and would grow but in a sorrowful phase.
The place where I would fall and stand
was what I imagined for a paradise land.
I wish if my neighborhood was in a fairy land,
I would be the writer, writing no end.
Time has changed so has my neighborhood,
People so loving has departed to the story books.
Self centered, money has centered them,
Left are the closed houses and dried river banks.
I wonder if I would get that place back,
or it would only exist in my dreams, sad.
For this I lift and close my memory book,
hoping if I get it back, my lost neighborhood.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Journey Of My Neighborhood by kabeer katariya )
- Holding on to a love, Jamie Fox
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- An Emotional Story I Couldn't Tell, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi