The Story Of Sun and Moon
Once upon a time there lived
two lovers in a land, vivid
they were the pair of sun and moon
who became friends too soon.
But a condition crossed their way
the dilemma of night and day
they both could not live together
and had to apart forever.
The sun could only shine at day
and shower his loving rays
but for the moon to stay alive
it would never shine at night.
Now the story of sacrifice starts
how the sun sacrificed his heart
for his lover and his wife
he would die every night.
Now every night the people see
the moon in the sky would agree
to shine at night and the sun at day
they would love each other in this way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Story Of Sun and Moon by kabeer katariya )
- Love You Mom, Harold R Hunt Sr
- what is it for, Bull Hawking
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not with truth, gajanan mishra
- The race, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)