The Story Of Sun and Moon
Once upon a time there lived
two lovers in a land, vivid
they were the pair of sun and moon
who became friends too soon.
But a condition crossed their way
the dilemma of night and day
they both could not live together
and had to apart forever.
The sun could only shine at day
and shower his loving rays
but for the moon to stay alive
it would never shine at night.
Now the story of sacrifice starts
how the sun sacrificed his heart
for his lover and his wife
he would die every night.
Now every night the people see
the moon in the sky would agree
to shine at night and the sun at day
they would love each other in this way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Story Of Sun and Moon by kabeer katariya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..