The Story Of Sun and Moon
Once upon a time there lived
two lovers in a land, vivid
they were the pair of sun and moon
who became friends too soon.
But a condition crossed their way
the dilemma of night and day
they both could not live together
and had to apart forever.
The sun could only shine at day
and shower his loving rays
but for the moon to stay alive
it would never shine at night.
Now the story of sacrifice starts
how the sun sacrificed his heart
for his lover and his wife
he would die every night.
Now every night the people see
the moon in the sky would agree
to shine at night and the sun at day
they would love each other in this way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Story Of Sun and Moon by kabeer katariya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dedication, Victor Cruickshank
- On his greatness, Laxman Rao
- Frankenstein, Victor Cruickshank
- Potry, John deVries
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Homophones, Victor Cruickshank
- Time, Victor Cruickshank