The Story Of Sun and Moon
Once upon a time there lived
two lovers in a land, vivid
they were the pair of sun and moon
who became friends too soon.
But a condition crossed their way
the dilemma of night and day
they both could not live together
and had to apart forever.
The sun could only shine at day
and shower his loving rays
but for the moon to stay alive
it would never shine at night.
Now the story of sacrifice starts
how the sun sacrificed his heart
for his lover and his wife
he would die every night.
Now every night the people see
the moon in the sky would agree
to shine at night and the sun at day
they would love each other in this way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Story Of Sun and Moon by kabeer katariya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Hounds, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- Decide and follow, hasmukh amathalal
- If luck ends, hasmukh amathalal
- Love grants, hasmukh amathalal
- Figure out, hasmukh amathalal
- For our crimes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lone In The Jungle., Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Hypnosis, Naveed Khalid
- Dancing with Santa, Kirti Gupta
- Welcome to Heaven, Tayyab Ijaz