The Jack's Spot
He got the jackpot and thought he had the whole plot,
The pot got diminished; he had hit a jack's spot,
Life was hot, but too short.
A gun was the solution; he grabbed it and took a shot!
He made himself a barbeque; an extreme blood clot.
Stains indelible; no further paint blot.
Deluge of tears that deluded the family lot.
Without the Jack there was no living pot;
Hopelessness and no resort; malnutrition struck like body shots.
The whole family ended on the Jack's spot.
I wish he had used the jackpot to make himself Jack Hot.
Horror! ! ! !
Elwin Mwangi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Jack's Spot by Elwin Mwangi )
- Green Signal, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I will search, Emmanuel George Cefai
- A smile, Emmanuel George Cefai
- दोँ नै, Ronjoy Brahma
- As a lovely flower, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow As a trickling tap, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To meet you, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Enchanted grail, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Eyes of night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin played, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)