The Jack's Spot
He got the jackpot and thought he had the whole plot,
The pot got diminished; he had hit a jack's spot,
Life was hot, but too short.
A gun was the solution; he grabbed it and took a shot!
He made himself a barbeque; an extreme blood clot.
Stains indelible; no further paint blot.
Deluge of tears that deluded the family lot.
Without the Jack there was no living pot;
Hopelessness and no resort; malnutrition struck like body shots.
The whole family ended on the Jack's spot.
I wish he had used the jackpot to make himself Jack Hot.
Horror! ! ! !
Elwin Mwangi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Jack's Spot by Elwin Mwangi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Francesca, Ezra Pound
Poem of the Day
- Shallum, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hey There (Don't You Stare) / The New A.., Joseph Archer
- Imprisoned!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Speak With You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Virtuous Acts, Leong Ming Loong
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong