Enjoying the Moonlight with the goddess of Nature
You saw I deserved to be loved; in my heart you shed light.
You saw I deserved to be comforted; you made my night bright.
You saw I deserved an embrace; and you let me hold you tight.
You saw I deserved to see your smile; you enhanced my sight.
You saw I deserved the breeze of nature; you gave me the moonlight.
Now as we stand out here enjoying the light; can I call you the goddess of my tonight?
Now as we stand here touching each others hearts; can you be my eternal love site?
It can never be hard before you have reconsidered your side.
They have never experienced your might; but i have chosen to go with you to heights.
Because I know you power.
Elwin Mwangi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Enjoying the Moonlight with the goddess of Nature by Elwin Mwangi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey