krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
The girl child.......
Pots and pans, Pots and pans,
This is all I've got to do
Cook and wash the live long day
A girl child whose future is doomed.
My brothers go to school every day
while I endlessly mop and broom
'cause I've heard my parents say
'you will be a bride now too soon'
'Then you will be sent so far away
To the house of your bride groom
But your brothers will herein happily stay
With their brides to endlessly brush and broom
krishnakumar chandrasekar nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The girl child....... by krishnakumar chandrasekar nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI