The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse 2 War
I am War! !
The whore of your governments.
I ride my black steed among you
At their invitation.
I rain down upon you
from the skies.
I visit you from beneath the waves.
I set a blazing trail across your lands.
I slaughter your children
I rape your women
I maim and kill your soldiers.
Your fat, pink, politicians
In their ill-fitting suits
Hide safely behind rhetoric.
While I destroy
Your homes and your cities.
God is not on your side!
God plays no part!
I was born of humankind.
You have a way to defeat me
Your weapons are:
Love, tolerance, Understanding
But your arsenal is much depleted.
And you refuse to restock.
I surround you
The final battle! !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse 2 War by Owain Glyn )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere