The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse 2 War
I am War! !
The whore of your governments.
I ride my black steed among you
At their invitation.
I rain down upon you
from the skies.
I visit you from beneath the waves.
I set a blazing trail across your lands.
I slaughter your children
I rape your women
I maim and kill your soldiers.
Your fat, pink, politicians
In their ill-fitting suits
Hide safely behind rhetoric.
While I destroy
Your homes and your cities.
God is not on your side!
God plays no part!
I was born of humankind.
You have a way to defeat me
Your weapons are:
Love, tolerance, Understanding
But your arsenal is much depleted.
And you refuse to restock.
I surround you
The final battle! !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse 2 War by Owain Glyn )
- Seven Bowls, michael walkerjohn
- Fear's Embrace, michael walkerjohn
- A Good Song, tolu ogundare
- The People Worry, michael walkerjohn
- Light Lost, michael walkerjohn
- Reflecting, Josh Terpening
- Word Shadows, michael walkerjohn
- Blockbuster, Lev Brekhman
- Uncertain feeling, Lev Brekhman
- Intricacies of perception, Lev Brekhman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Frederick George Scott
(7 April 1861 – 19 January 1944)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)