The Beauty of a Woman
The Beauty of a Woman isn't measured by her size.
Tis measured by how wise.
The Beauty of a woman isn't measured by the color of her eyes.
Tis measured by giving sound advice.
The Beauty of a woman isn't measured by the length of her hair.
Tis measured by how many she can pull from despair.
The Beauty of a woman isn't based on skin color.
Tis measured by her giving a tenth to every dollar.
The Beauty of a woman isn't measured by her height.
Tis measured by her might.
The Beauty of a woman isn't measured by her weight.
Tis measured by her fate.
The Beauty of a woman isn't measured by her lips.
Tis measured by how softly she grips.
The Beauty of a woman isn't measure by the size of her ears.
Tis measured by the size of her heart, hearing the voice of God.
The Beauty of a woman isn't measured by outward Beauty.
Tis measured by her inner-Beauty.
The Beauty of a woman is a bright Light House in darkness.
The Beauty of a woman is God at work.
1 Peter 3: 4 Your Beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Beauty of a Woman by Patricia Kelley )
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)