At the dark most corner
I try to be as invisible as I can be
I don't have to try hard
I've always felt invisible, when he's not looking at me.
I stare at the menu blankly
I go numb, I don't know what to say
I exhale deeply
and try to blink my tears away.
The familiar sound of footsteps
Make me look at the door
A couple enters in
The guy’s looking at the floor.
As they sit down, she smiles at him brightly
He returns her smile shyly
They discuss their order thrice
I notice, his smile doesn't reaches his eyes.
I gaze at him breathless
He doesn't looks at me and I don’t feel fine
Suddenly he turns and our eyes lock
It’s like we know each other from a different time.
Its like his stare is telling me to be happy
To move on and laugh again
To see the world from his eyes
And to live and love again.
The emotions that he draws
The way it’s healing my heart
That what's between is real, not fake
Its just the choices that we make.
His stare goes dark and says world’s not a beautiful place
But it’s not ugly too
Look into my eyes
There’s a world between me and you.
I feel his complications
His fear and reasons for fake smile
He looks a bit uncomfortable
I think he hates crowd
A little bit too emotional
A little bit too proud
His heart is broken and bent
Again I see his sad smile
He’s stabbed betrayed and hurt
A grief I haven’t seen in a while
His gaze hypnotizes me more
It sends chills down my spine
And I just know that we are together in this
Even though he’s not mine
vithika jaiswal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Guy by vithika jaiswal )
- In Search of Hercule Poirot, Deborah Eker
- Modern Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- READ, READ, READ THE BOOK, Michael P. Johnson
- Different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Are you really?, Maxim Pokalyuhin
- The pain and pricks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The maiden poem...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
- I Miss You., sanjay Pathak
- I am Sorry., sanjay Pathak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1886 - 1967)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)