Ace Of Black Hearts
That Body Isn't Mine
In suit, dress, and tie.
Tell me does it fit your alibi?
Hidden among strangers.
Super human in nature.
An arrogance or set confidence.
Which is it?
Can you be sure?
Saying you know this as fact.
Even as you see it the body is still intacted.
Maybe it was a magic pen that created that fire breathing dragon.
How can you kill what you don't understand?
This is sometimes the weakness or strength of man.
Depending the presented perspective.
Determining fates without hesitation.
This time you are wrong, you made a huge mistake.
Because they had nothing to do with current events as they preside.
The people know who you are no matter what you write.
Let mercy guide us tonight.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Body Isn't Mine by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
- The Road That Leads To There, Is It Poetry
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns