Ten Times Over
Ten times over in one hundred ways
I have said aloud.
'Keep me away from the source of evil
and a thirsting crowd.'
'Tis better I think to be alone
and allow your thoughts to roam
then to surround yourself with other's thoughts
and let them fill your dome.
And what of the heart that's never quiet
because of noisy phrases?
Its beat will become unbearable
and succumb to unearthly blazes.
And so I start each day by counting
all the thoughts I've had.
I find that when I do this thing
my thinking is not sad.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ten Times Over by Edwina Reizer )
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla