Oh Freedom! My temptress;
I forbid you to:
Elude me, when I try to grasp you;
Delude me, when I try to pin you,
Do you belong to me?
Being free, alas! Never can be,
What do the enlightened ones say to society?
Oh freedom of speech, some tried thee,
Landed up behind bars,
A potential threat to humanity.
And freedom of expression, some tried thee too,
Throw a shoe at the president? Audacious it is so,
Freedom to education, a little girl did try,
What did happen, no one could deny,
Oh Freedom to live with dignity!
Rape and murder is like a felicity.
Oh freedom, my temptress,
Do not tempt me more,
Could I ever possess you?
I'm not within a hallowed core.
In vain I implore and beseech thee,
My freedom, can I ever be free?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Temptress by Shruti Goswami )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA
- what should be forgotten next, RIC S. BASTASA
- feelings creep like vines on a trellis, RIC S. BASTASA