Oh Freedom! My temptress;
I forbid you to:
Elude me, when I try to grasp you;
Delude me, when I try to pin you,
Do you belong to me?
Being free, alas! Never can be,
What do the enlightened ones say to society?
Oh freedom of speech, some tried thee,
Landed up behind bars,
A potential threat to humanity.
And freedom of expression, some tried thee too,
Throw a shoe at the president? Audacious it is so,
Freedom to education, a little girl did try,
What did happen, no one could deny,
Oh Freedom to live with dignity!
Rape and murder is like a felicity.
Oh freedom, my temptress,
Do not tempt me more,
Could I ever possess you?
I'm not within a hallowed core.
In vain I implore and beseech thee,
My freedom, can I ever be free?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Temptress by Shruti Goswami )
- She Is Doing Her Happy Dance, Ronell Warren Alman
- IT's not unusual, george albot
- a break, kkc bba
- You Are Ever Sweet, Pintu Mahakul
- It is better, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Kilimanjaro, Tony Adah
- Caught in Rainy Weather, Nia Schexnider
- And we danced, Fluorescent Reality
- Sunset of our hearts, Fluorescent Reality
- She is precious, MOHAMMAD SKATI