Swings Of Life
With the peak of spring in the month of May,
In the early hours of a pleasantly sunlit day,
Two kids sat cuddled on a swing,
Feeling as though they were taking on wing.
Swinging in the air, they began to sing;
Their sweet lay breaking the silence with its ring.
They kicked their legs in rising delight
And felt like thistledowns ever so light.
Going up and coming down was fun.
They closed the eyes when face to face with the sun.
They felt the swish and sway of the buoyant air,
And knew the light tug of breeze on their hair.
As the air got caught in the frills of their frock,
Their eyes gleamed bright in delightful spark.
They imagined, they are astronauts in space,
And an ebullient excitement lit up their face.
From a raised angle, they saw the Earth in green folds lie.
They watched the surrounding hills standing awfully high.
They saw a small stream flowing as a slow moving train,
And the trees lined up on its banks in unbroken chain.
Longingly I watched these children free of all worry and pain
Also their aerial feats not tainted by any melancholy stain
How I miss these childhood days of innocent fun,
As my hours, towards the sunset quickly run!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Swings Of Life by Valsa George )
Did you read them?
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealth China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
- I was falling, Rohan Nath
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson