Swings Of Life
With the peak of spring in the month of May,
In the early hours of a pleasantly sunlit day,
Two kids sat cuddled on a swing,
Feeling as though they were taking on wing.
Swinging in the air, they began to sing;
Their sweet lay breaking the silence with its ring.
They kicked their legs in rising delight
And felt like thistledowns ever so light.
Going up and coming down was fun.
They closed the eyes when face to face with the sun.
They felt the swish and sway of the buoyant air,
And knew the light tug of breeze on their hair.
As the air got caught in the frills of their frock,
Their eyes gleamed bright in delightful spark.
They imagined, they are astronauts in space,
And an ebullient excitement lit up their face.
From a raised angle, they saw the Earth in green folds lie.
They watched the surrounding hills standing awfully high.
They saw a small stream flowing as a slow moving train,
And the trees lined up on its banks in unbroken chain.
Longingly I watched these children free of all worry and pain
Also their aerial feats not tainted by any melancholy stain
How I miss these childhood days of innocent fun,
As my hours, towards the sunset quickly run!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Swings Of Life by Valsa George )
Did you read them?
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns