Oh for a starry, starry night
Heavenly lights burning bright
Shining forth their sheer delight
Oh behold what a wonderful sight.
They twinkle in the night time sky
When people look up and wonder why
Under which lovers laugh and cry
In days of old when time gone by.
To see them in the heavens above
Make lover’s hearts melt with thoughts of love
With cooing words like Turtle Doves
From sandy beach to sheltered cove.
Our starlight is both beautiful and true
A blaze in the heavens so dark, so blue
Their brightness makes all things new
Without our glorious starlight what would we do.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Starry Night by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi