RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Standing On The Porch
Writing from memories of peace,
feeling safe and secure in my inner sanctum.
Living and loving on edges of life, making
the most of every moment, instilling a
silence of purpose into each one.
Solemnly, I move forward, smiling interiorly
with a feeling of humor and letting it fill
me to overflowing.
Heart and soul standing on the porch of life,
looking out at all the wonderful pictures of
thoughts when younger.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Standing On The Porch by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- dance, Cee Bea
- Happy Halloween, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- I Saw You, But Could Not Say I Love You .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Funeral, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Merry Autumn, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Am Offering This Poem, Jimmy Santiago Baca
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(5 January 1935 - 14 February 1967)