Lawrence S. Pertillar
Standards Kept Valued
To express feelings felt with honesty,
Is what has been missing...
That keeps people in fear seeking,
A peace of mind they are unable to find.
And choosing to be politically correct,
With proper etiquette not to upset...
Only affects those who accept,
Delusion over truth WITH pretense.
With the hope to convince,
Their false impressions made...
Are enough to save themselves,
From not appearing to be abnormal.
Although dysfunctions and mental illness,
Have become too noticeable and commonplace...
That the quality of life has been diminished,
To who has rights to keep and purchase guns...
As a protection from standards kept valued.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Standards Kept Valued by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Flower, Cee Bea
- Lavender, Cee Bea
- THE SHRIEK, Satish Verma
- The Terror, David Lewis Paget
- Union - within us, gajanan mishra
- Haiku(GOD), Aftab Alam
- chaos of Christmas near, lee fones
- The earth is moving, gajanan mishra
- ONLY YOU JESUS ONLY YOU, Michael P. Johnson
- GOD! WATCHING, TESTING, Michael P. Johnson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Racism Haiku - Ice Cream, john tiong chunghoo
- Blah Blah Blank Blank, vincent armone
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)