Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Standards Kept Valued
To express feelings felt with honesty,
Is what has been missing...
That keeps people in fear seeking,
A peace of mind they are unable to find.
And choosing to be politically correct,
With proper etiquette not to upset...
Only affects those who accept,
Delusion over truth WITH pretense.
With the hope to convince,
Their false impressions made...
Are enough to save themselves,
From not appearing to be abnormal.
Although dysfunctions and mental illness,
Have become too noticeable and commonplace...
That the quality of life has been diminished,
To who has rights to keep and purchase guns...
As a protection from standards kept valued.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.