Sour were those grapes!
Target seems to upset me
Double is my goal to be made.
The more I run
The target is running double ahead of me
I just stood watching at it
Breathing heavily on the way
Just thinking and wondering
What I should do
Can't find a way..
There is no short cut
Only long cut
But time left is limited.
It seems those grapes are sour to touch,
And keep my heart cooling.
Make a final run and see
If I reach, I can tell
Grapes were wonderful..
I can tell,
I just gave up,
As I felt from far,
Those weren't better for me.
Still I can laugh at myself
I was just near my goal.
What's harm in it
If my hands couldn't reach it
As they were too far and never meant for me...
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sour were those grapes! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vintage Postal Stamp, Doris Beaulieu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns