Sour were those grapes!
Target seems to upset me
Double is my goal to be made.
The more I run
The target is running double ahead of me
I just stood watching at it
Breathing heavily on the way
Just thinking and wondering
What I should do
Can't find a way..
There is no short cut
Only long cut
But time left is limited.
It seems those grapes are sour to touch,
And keep my heart cooling.
Make a final run and see
If I reach, I can tell
Grapes were wonderful..
I can tell,
I just gave up,
As I felt from far,
Those weren't better for me.
Still I can laugh at myself
I was just near my goal.
What's harm in it
If my hands couldn't reach it
As they were too far and never meant for me...
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sour were those grapes! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)