Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams)
O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams
Mind them ever safe within thy keeping
For love may never render what it deems
Nor save the fragile breast from ever weeping.
Forever may thy fantasies remain
To sweet enchant and charm thy soulful heart -
Whenever all is lost they yet sustain
With joy, with hope, with love to thus impart.
O drift along illusions' misty way
Reality's dark face to thence deny
Within the realms of heaven thus to stay
That never shall thy heart be wont to cry.
….. Relinquish not thy dreams for earthly prize
….. Lest thy reward be set in downcast eyes
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams) by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira