Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams)
O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams
Mind them ever safe within thy keeping
For love may never render what it deems
Nor save the fragile breast from ever weeping.
Forever may thy fantasies remain
To sweet enchant and charm thy soulful heart -
Whenever all is lost they yet sustain
With joy, with hope, with love to thus impart.
O drift along illusions' misty way
Reality's dark face to thence deny
Within the realms of heaven thus to stay
That never shall thy heart be wont to cry.
….. Relinquish not thy dreams for earthly prize
….. Lest thy reward be set in downcast eyes
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams) by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- AIRPORT INSPECTION, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Where Once Upon A Morn So Dreary, Noah Body
- ADORING MOTHER MARIZA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ACTOR ANATASIA DRAKE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ACTIVITIES DAY WITH KIM, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A TRIBUTE TO OUR TROOPS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A SOULMATE IS A MIRROR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- This life is like a bubble, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A MORNING IN AMERICA, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- A LESSON LEARNED, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)