Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams)
O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams
Mind them ever safe within thy keeping
For love may never render what it deems
Nor save the fragile breast from ever weeping.
Forever may thy fantasies remain
To sweet enchant and charm thy soulful heart -
Whenever all is lost they yet sustain
With joy, with hope, with love to thus impart.
O drift along illusions' misty way
Reality's dark face to thence deny
Within the realms of heaven thus to stay
That never shall thy heart be wont to cry.
….. Relinquish not thy dreams for earthly prize
….. Lest thy reward be set in downcast eyes
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams) by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL