Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams)
O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams
Mind them ever safe within thy keeping
For love may never render what it deems
Nor save the fragile breast from ever weeping.
Forever may thy fantasies remain
To sweet enchant and charm thy soulful heart -
Whenever all is lost they yet sustain
With joy, with hope, with love to thus impart.
O drift along illusions' misty way
Reality's dark face to thence deny
Within the realms of heaven thus to stay
That never shall thy heart be wont to cry.
….. Relinquish not thy dreams for earthly prize
….. Lest thy reward be set in downcast eyes
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet - VI (O gentle heart, hold fast to all thy dreams) by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Attach importance, gajanan mishra
- Silent Death, Adewale Ajakanri
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal