Sonnet 83: On tea
We cannot live without our cup of tea,
It’s the staple drink throughout all the earth,
And it is a healthy drink for all you see
Therefore people drink it for all its worth.
Green tea with a slice of lemon is best
But now lapsang souchong, that roasted brew,
Is a drink that does not taste like the rest
Though people drink black tea leaving it to stew.
Tea can bring the world closer together
It can oft sooth the nerves and make you calm
And can be drunk whatever the weather
It is that one drink that does you no harm.
Tea is a healthy drink for everyone
It has a delightful taste second to none.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 83: On tea by David Wood )
Did you read them?
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall