Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin
So it happened and please don't swear...(translated from russian)
So it happened and please don't swear.
I'm a not a word dealer now.
My poor head - it's too hard to bear
And bent-down is my golden brow.
No love for no country, no town.
How could I feel it that time?
I will leave. With a beard grown
I will tramp o'er the land of mine.
I'll forget my books and my poems,
Hang a bag on shoulders, well trimmed.
'Cause a vagabond on his roads
Hears much better songs of the wind.
I will stink like onion and turnip
And abusing the dusk as it goes
I will fool around, staying fornent,
Sniffling loudly with my nose.
And I don't need a fortune better
Just to listen how a blizzard roars.
'Cause without freaks like the latter
I'm unable to live on earth.
Íå ðóãàéòåñü. Òàêîå äåëî!
Íå òîðãîâåö ÿ íà ñëîâà.
Çàïðîêèíóëàñü è îòÿæåëåëà
Çîëîòàÿ ìîÿ ãîëîâà.
Íåò ëþáâè íè ê äåðåâíå, íè ê ãîðîäó,
Êàê æå ñìîã ÿ å¸ äîíåñòè?
Áðîøó âñ¸. Îòïóùó ñåáå áîðîäó
È áðîäÿãîé ïîéäó ïî Ðóñè.
Ïîçàáóäó ïîýìû è êíèãè,
Ïåðåêèíó çà ïëå÷è ñóìó,
Îòòîãî ÷òî â ïîëÿõ çàáóëäûãå
Âåòåð áîëüøå ïî¸ò, ÷åì êîìó.
Ïðîâîíÿþ ÿ ðåäüêîé è ëóêîì
È, òðåâîæà âå÷åðíþþ ãëàäü,
Áóäó ãðîìêî ñìîðêàòüñÿ â ðóêó
È âî âñ¸ì äóðàêà âàëÿòü.
È íå íóæíî ìíå ëó÷øåé óäà÷è,
Ëèøü çàáûòüñÿ è ñëóøàòü ïóðãó,
Îòòîãî ÷òî áåç ýòèõ ÷óäà÷åñòâ
ß ïðîæèòü íà çåìëå íå ìîãó.
Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So it happened and please don't swear...(translated from russian) by Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin )
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns