Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin
So it happened and please don't swear...(translated from russian)
So it happened and please don't swear.
I'm a not a word dealer now.
My poor head - it's too hard to bear
And bent-down is my golden brow.
No love for no country, no town.
How could I feel it that time?
I will leave. With a beard grown
I will tramp o'er the land of mine.
I'll forget my books and my poems,
Hang a bag on shoulders, well trimmed.
'Cause a vagabond on his roads
Hears much better songs of the wind.
I will stink like onion and turnip
And abusing the dusk as it goes
I will fool around, staying fornent,
Sniffling loudly with my nose.
And I don't need a fortune better
Just to listen how a blizzard roars.
'Cause without freaks like the latter
I'm unable to live on earth.
Íå ðóãàéòåñü. Òàêîå äåëî!
Íå òîðãîâåö ÿ íà ñëîâà.
Çàïðîêèíóëàñü è îòÿæåëåëà
Çîëîòàÿ ìîÿ ãîëîâà.
Íåò ëþáâè íè ê äåðåâíå, íè ê ãîðîäó,
Êàê æå ñìîã ÿ å¸ äîíåñòè?
Áðîøó âñ¸. Îòïóùó ñåáå áîðîäó
È áðîäÿãîé ïîéäó ïî Ðóñè.
Ïîçàáóäó ïîýìû è êíèãè,
Ïåðåêèíó çà ïëå÷è ñóìó,
Îòòîãî ÷òî â ïîëÿõ çàáóëäûãå
Âåòåð áîëüøå ïî¸ò, ÷åì êîìó.
Ïðîâîíÿþ ÿ ðåäüêîé è ëóêîì
È, òðåâîæà âå÷åðíþþ ãëàäü,
Áóäó ãðîìêî ñìîðêàòüñÿ â ðóêó
È âî âñ¸ì äóðàêà âàëÿòü.
È íå íóæíî ìíå ëó÷øåé óäà÷è,
Ëèøü çàáûòüñÿ è ñëóøàòü ïóðãó,
Îòòîãî ÷òî áåç ýòèõ ÷óäà÷åñòâ
ß ïðîæèòü íà çåìëå íå ìîãó.
Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So it happened and please don't swear...(translated from russian) by Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin )
- Being Realistic, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Countless tears., Marcondes Pereira
- Unrest Soul: Dark minds, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- me &the dragon, gordon nosworthy
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)