Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin
So it happened and please don't swear...(translated from russian)
So it happened and please don't swear.
I'm a not a word dealer now.
My poor head - it's too hard to bear
And bent-down is my golden brow.
No love for no country, no town.
How could I feel it that time?
I will leave. With a beard grown
I will tramp o'er the land of mine.
I'll forget my books and my poems,
Hang a bag on shoulders, well trimmed.
'Cause a vagabond on his roads
Hears much better songs of the wind.
I will stink like onion and turnip
And abusing the dusk as it goes
I will fool around, staying fornent,
Sniffling loudly with my nose.
And I don't need a fortune better
Just to listen how a blizzard roars.
'Cause without freaks like the latter
I'm unable to live on earth.
Íå ðóãàéòåñü. Òàêîå äåëî!
Íå òîðãîâåö ÿ íà ñëîâà.
Çàïðîêèíóëàñü è îòÿæåëåëà
Çîëîòàÿ ìîÿ ãîëîâà.
Íåò ëþáâè íè ê äåðåâíå, íè ê ãîðîäó,
Êàê æå ñìîã ÿ å¸ äîíåñòè?
Áðîøó âñ¸. Îòïóùó ñåáå áîðîäó
È áðîäÿãîé ïîéäó ïî Ðóñè.
Ïîçàáóäó ïîýìû è êíèãè,
Ïåðåêèíó çà ïëå÷è ñóìó,
Îòòîãî ÷òî â ïîëÿõ çàáóëäûãå
Âåòåð áîëüøå ïî¸ò, ÷åì êîìó.
Ïðîâîíÿþ ÿ ðåäüêîé è ëóêîì
È, òðåâîæà âå÷åðíþþ ãëàäü,
Áóäó ãðîìêî ñìîðêàòüñÿ â ðóêó
È âî âñ¸ì äóðàêà âàëÿòü.
È íå íóæíî ìíå ëó÷øåé óäà÷è,
Ëèøü çàáûòüñÿ è ñëóøàòü ïóðãó,
Îòòîãî ÷òî áåç ýòèõ ÷óäà÷åñòâ
ß ïðîæèòü íà çåìëå íå ìîãó.
Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So it happened and please don't swear...(translated from russian) by Sergey Alexandrovich Yesenin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Let us do good, Luo Zhihai
- Ask the tree, Luo Zhihai
- The Story Of Grandpa, Taiko
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White