Do you see that place there?
What do you feel when you see it?
Is it just a plain old place,
nothing special to see?
Look without your jaded eyes.
See that place!
That boring old place,
is so much more!
A place of love,
A place of lost hope,
A place of joy,
A place of sorrow,
A place with meaning!
When you look around
do you truely see?
Do you see what was
once there, what is to
That tree over there
once glanced at and ignored.
That tree there has watched.
It has seen the world.
It has seen you!
It does not see the mask we
No, it sees the all the
How rare a thing to see.
Not just to look, but see.
Our eyes do not lie, but we
tell ourself that is not
what we see and change our
view of the world.
How many times have we
passed right by blinding
ourselfs to the truth
around us, lying with
our eyes that can no
So for now I will sit
under this tree, hoping
to see the truth that
it sees! To uncover my
eyes and remove the film
that covers them.
I will look and see!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (See by Jessica Dehn )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Obama...God....And Brothers Castro - The.., James B. Earley
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- What to do with this life?, gajanan mishra
- Shady Retreat..., Denis Martindale
- It is open, hasmukh amathalal
- Of Nature.Of free Will., SAK Reddy
- A Lasting Psalm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Catalyst, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Love You..!, SAK Reddy
- Into Depths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You will find, hasmukh amathalal
- Bale Visions, Adeosun Olamide