Scatter My Ashes
Scatter my ashes to the sky so that I can see the world passing by
There is no time in death you see
Everything goes by so rapidly.
For you it’s seconds, minutes, hours, and days
But for me it’s all the same.
For all in life there have been so many mysteries
But in death – they’re all plain to see
People fear what lies ahead
But what’s the difference now that you’re dead.
You look at the shell you left behind
And it looks out of place and out of time.
It is a shell and nothing more, and now you’re
Walking into a brand new door
A door where life really begins and no such thing as mortal sin.
A place of beauty and tranquility beyond your wildest dreams
And family and friends gather around to speak of this love abound.
There is love in the eyes of everyone you see
And you live in total harmony.
Yes! You can scatter my ashes to the sea
For I am with my LORD and finally free.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scatter My Ashes by louis rams )
- Big Cat Nap - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)