RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Saying Hello Just To Say Goodbye
Deepened tones of an elderly gentleman,
voice touching the very inside of my mind.
There's no place to hide from his light.
Subjected to his subdued style, feeling
that it's just the way it should be.
Meeting each other on a separate plain of
Feeling the words absolve every question
being asked in corridors of time.
Saying hello just to say good bye.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saying Hello Just To Say Goodbye by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(23 January 1861 - 2 Apirl 1931)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael P. McParland
- Taking advise, george albot
- Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- i leaned against a tree trunk on a colle.., Mandolyn ...
- MOVING ON, Eugene Latumbo
- Alienation, hafiz qasim
- To The Unwritten, Michael P. McParland
- To Have And To Hold, Michael P. McParland
- thousands of dreams and a lost love, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Time, Michael P. McParland