Sand In My Eyes
No amount of time could be enough together,
I just wouldn’t be satisfied
With infinity; or forever.
I would have eternal life;
As long as you're near,
I could stare into your eyes
I would be your armour,
Your sword and your shield.
We could count grains of sand on a beach,
Or buttercups in a field.
I could write you poems for centuries;
With every rhyme,
I would be safe in the knowledge
- we have unlimited time.
I would hold your hand,
And stay by your side.
Without a doubt,
With every supernova we could count,
Until every twinkling star burns out.
We could do this until all steel was rust,
Until the New York skyline crumbled to dust.
Although fear that the end may be soon,
Creeping closer with each full moon.
So little time,
We needed more.
Time washes away
Like the waves on the shore.
I could pluck every rose
And four leaf clover,
But when the hour glass runs out
I can't turn it back over.
When I'm with you time moves
Each kiss one closer to
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sand In My Eyes by Harry Radcliffe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland
- Feeling You, Michael P. McParland
- Feel My Touch, Michael P. McParland
- Falling, Michael P. McParland
- Faith In Him, Michael P. McParland
- Faded Night, Michael P. McParland
- Extra, Michael P. McParland
- Rosy - 1, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Extended Hand, Michael P. McParland
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...