Smile In Your Eyes
If I had the power at my command,
I would carve you a snowflake in the palm of my hand.
I would craft you a bed out of warm desert sands.
But there is no way to show my devotion
Unless I weave you a dress from the tides of the ocean.
And by making these things my love would take form,
And I would give you a diamond from the ice of a storm.
And if I could forge you a mountain, raise it up from the ground,
Just by raising my arm, without making a sound.
Then from that day, would brush upon your cheeks:
A white-gold earring, from its snow-capped peaks.
But even if I made these of land and sea,
You would be just as beautiful without me.
Because when I look up at the night sky,
Not a star holds a candle to the glint in your eye.
And when I look at the sunrise, and the night is exiled,
There is no such beauty as the last time you smiled.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Smile In Your Eyes by Harry Radcliffe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady