The reluctant thereness
I want to embrace.
The spiritualism without a god?
This whispering darkness -
always becomes an incensed flesh.
I unwrap myself.
Please let me touch
the multistrands of understanding.
After all what was a religion?
You were always seeking an exit.
The betrayal, godliness and
fog hours. I always remained obsessed
with the failing lights.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Salvaging by Satish Verma )
- words for hands, Bull Hawking
- Dreams and Memories, Poetic Lilly Emery
- An die Männer Englands, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Ending Deficiencies, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Watching The Snow fall, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Read me a page, george albot
- My Pitiful Life, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Once, Hasan Haskovic
- Your Lips Your Hands Your Mouth I Miss T.., Is It Poetry
- My Day, Waltz For Zizi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)