How age slips away
from your hands?
How deep you will
go in the cavernous
mind of time?
why, the healing started
to hurt you and you
did not want to
stitch the name?
No tattoo will tell your
address. You want to
go anonymously, leaving
the moon behind
the brown hills.
The shadows are─
lengthening. Time was up.
Lay down your arms
and walk away with
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SANE DEPARTURE by Satish Verma )
- I am your mind, gajanan mishra
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)