Resurrect the old culture.
The culture is rich
Where guilt, conscience and shame warn.
The culture is fair
Where repercussion and prosecution warn.
The culture is poor
Where escape is the root to success.
Culture stands for name.
Greed and insecurity have marred it.
It is high time for parents
To ask their children to resurrect the old.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Resurrect the old culture. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace