'Ask me not to leave.', she said
and ask me not to make the bed.
Leave the coverlet and the sheet
where maybe again we shall meet.
We've met there many a time before.
She silently cried and shut the door.
When he awoke he found the note,
all the ask me nots she wrote.
Where she'd gone, where she went?
Never again was he content.
He read the note night after night,
slept on her side and shut the light.
She found the note when she came back.
The coverlet and sheet the bed did lack.
Where he'd gone, where he'd went?
Never again was she content.
She ripped up the note, remembered the fight.
Slept on his side and shut the light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remorse by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- pyar ke ghronde me, Aftab Alam
- Forgetting past, Nick Kler
- Country in despair, Bernard Onoja
- Forgivness, Nick Kler
- Beauty, andrew reeves
- Sweet Mirage, Maureen Alikor
- Circus of life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Kalidas- - - (Shakespeare of India), Aftab Alam
- Laugh and grow fat, Bernard Onoja
- Follow Your Heart, Apurva Prabhudesai