当たり前～(reasonable, natural, forward)
Knowledge without understanding:
is the junk food, good for garbage,
Understanding without knowledge
is the dog with only three feet, will survive
but gets no speed.
*当たり前 （ あたりまえ） read atarimae
当り （あたり）atari could be translated as: bingo! , hit the pot
前 （まえ）mae, can be translated as: before, prior to, ago, preceeding, forward and a few more things depending where we put it.
The combination of characters and their meanings I find very interesting, wise and deep in Japanese language.
Atarimae is an everyday (thought more often than spoken) word often used in pozitive and negative sentences, as 'of course, it is only normal to do so, that's nothing special'.
So, here is how I put my today message:
if want to hit the pot, must keep it reasonable, natural, simple: imagine you can put the
Feel (heart) in balance with Thought (mind) =(we get the sense of learning) Atarimae.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (当たり前～(reasonable, natural, forward) by Elena Sandu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh