当たり前～(reasonable, natural, forward)
Knowledge without understanding:
is the junk food, good for garbage,
Understanding without knowledge
is the dog with only three feet, will survive
but gets no speed.
*当たり前 （ あたりまえ） read atarimae
当り （あたり）atari could be translated as: bingo! , hit the pot
前 （まえ）mae, can be translated as: before, prior to, ago, preceeding, forward and a few more things depending where we put it.
The combination of characters and their meanings I find very interesting, wise and deep in Japanese language.
Atarimae is an everyday (thought more often than spoken) word often used in pozitive and negative sentences, as 'of course, it is only normal to do so, that's nothing special'.
So, here is how I put my today message:
if want to hit the pot, must keep it reasonable, natural, simple: imagine you can put the
Feel (heart) in balance with Thought (mind) =(we get the sense of learning) Atarimae.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (当たり前～(reasonable, natural, forward) by Elena Sandu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Light of Your Smile, Jeffrey Gonell
- limericks section (more to be added) f.., lee fones
- Because of my dream, Alex Adeoye
- O CRUEL AGGRESSORS! YOU CAN NOT BEND OR .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi