当たり前～(reasonable, natural, forward)
Knowledge without understanding:
is the junk food, good for garbage,
Understanding without knowledge
is the dog with only three feet, will survive
but gets no speed.
*当たり前 （ あたりまえ） read atarimae
当り （あたり）atari could be translated as: bingo! , hit the pot
前 （まえ）mae, can be translated as: before, prior to, ago, preceeding, forward and a few more things depending where we put it.
The combination of characters and their meanings I find very interesting, wise and deep in Japanese language.
Atarimae is an everyday (thought more often than spoken) word often used in pozitive and negative sentences, as 'of course, it is only normal to do so, that's nothing special'.
So, here is how I put my today message:
if want to hit the pot, must keep it reasonable, natural, simple: imagine you can put the
Feel (heart) in balance with Thought (mind) =(we get the sense of learning) Atarimae.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (当たり前～(reasonable, natural, forward) by Elena Sandu )
Did you read them?
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
- Glow worm, Mark Heathcote
- FOOT STEPS, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Highest Human Virtue Surprisingly Is.., Mr. Nobody
- Time Marches on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Our First Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Another Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Am I?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A letter to you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- What are moms made of?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow