RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Cold, lonely, contemplating the world around me under skies
of gray, hazy, bleak, unknown.
There are thoughts hiding within, afraid to come out and be
known, afraid of being discovered and acted upon.
Leaves falling, covering the ground in blankets of yellow
and brown, my mind hiding beneath it, quivering and shaking
from the coldness of lost childhood's memories.
Silencing the little lamb of innocence within reality of the
past, hidden in forests dense and forbidden.
Wanting now to come out, be known, explored, understood and
met at last.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reality's Past by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- red light zone, lee fones
- A FOLK SONG اغنية فولكلورية JESSIE MACKAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Like food, hasmukh amathalal
- Earth's surface, gajanan mishra
- Lost, Tiku akp
- The Spider and the Spray Can Man, Donal Mahoney
- Your Emerald Eyes, Francie Lynch
- The Truth Is Not Blind, Wilfred Mellers
- Intuition, Violet Winters
- Thirteen, gajanan mishra