Like streamlets of gin,
floating the bottom of a bottle
The veins flows, intoxicate abstinence's woes,
carried like wreckage, drying on the sandy shore.
Dark alley, conceal brothel laughs,
of coats and hat's humps.
Snitch by the light arts
Seek by desecrate dark.
Dim by the uncover breasts, of cast angels wings.
Poison lime blossom dreams.
Mute movies, in the new cinema, talk
Pellicles of women sobbing waists,
necked under their concubine vests.
Violet liquors poppies,
Proliferate of distillate opiates
Scroll through blood, like an hallow barrel,
making the weak flesh, sorrow.
Luca Menin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prohibition by Luca Menin )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- My Lady, Michael P. McParland
- OH! winter, let it snow again, Juwon Daniel
- The Run For Glory, Karen GonzalezVidela
- Like A Needle And A Thread Did Wed (By S.., Anastasia Hunt
- snow at school, Juwon Daniel
- Be At Peace, Michael P. McParland
- Filing Bankruptcy, Susan Lacovara
- winter snow, Juwon Daniel
- Come Hold Me 3, Michael P. McParland
- Autumn, Andrea Vescovo