Waste at the door
Drunk of apple core,
spiting seeds of the last tree.
The hands hold the head,
resting like mat at the front steps.
The neighbours are awake
not eyes not faces
voices lost place
the body held tight.
Surrounded by walls,
like a fox in the box
Swallow the tongue
Test dry, smell spice
To reach to touch the hungry hutch
in the starving cupboard
Bubble popping my eyes close.
My head craves
water quenches fire warms
Luca Menin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waste by Luca Menin )
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes