Power of Time
I am absolutely convinced that despite the pervasive presence of perpetual cruelty, injustice, and greed in this world, good will eventually triumph over the forces of evil, restoring equity, peace, harmony, and respect once more to all of humanity. This is so because time wills it.
Time laughs at the vain faces of men. It is a formidable force never to be underestimated. It heals all things, restores all things, prove all things. It decides all things, exonerating the innocents. Time waits on no one. It is not still, but extends itself to eternity, dispelling its supreme justice capriciously. Although it robs us of our youth, and banish all men to the dust Time willingly shares its wisdom and strength with the young thus giving continuity to this earth.
Time! Many have tried to unlock your mystery, nevertheless all efforts have been made futile. Time will surely outlast us all. Time is pricelessly golden. The sands of time are moving at steady pace, and though it may seem unkind at times, confusing at times, unfavourable at times, I reserve every confidence in its power to make things right in the end. Time will surely absolve me. It will give me absolute justice; my true reward and my eternal peace. Time will make me one day completely fulfilled and ultimately enlightened. This of course will happen in only a matter of time.
Godfrey Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Power of Time by Godfrey Morris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque