Pick Me Up Off The Ground
There are times that I feel like I want to go hide,
My feeling and thoughts make me feel empty inside.
This is a time in my life that it seems like nothing is going right for me,
I am kind of glad that there is nothing for the average person to see.
It kind of hurts when I think that everything that is going wrong is going to be OK,
At this time in my life it causes me to kneel down and ask for forgiveness and pray.
By doing this in my life, I will never feel like I am lock up inside and get out that door.
He will help me find the key that is needed to unlock that dark room inside of me and make me see that there is too much in life to adore.
So I need to say thanks to you, Lord that I feel so happy at the times when I feel down,
Because I know that you are always there to help pick me off the ground.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pick Me Up Off The Ground by Frank Pulver )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)