Pick Me Up Off The Ground
There are times that I feel like I want to go hide,
My feeling and thoughts make me feel empty inside.
This is a time in my life that it seems like nothing is going right for me,
I am kind of glad that there is nothing for the average person to see.
It kind of hurts when I think that everything that is going wrong is going to be OK,
At this time in my life it causes me to kneel down and ask for forgiveness and pray.
By doing this in my life, I will never feel like I am lock up inside and get out that door.
He will help me find the key that is needed to unlock that dark room inside of me and make me see that there is too much in life to adore.
So I need to say thanks to you, Lord that I feel so happy at the times when I feel down,
Because I know that you are always there to help pick me off the ground.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pick Me Up Off The Ground by Frank Pulver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Leaking Pen
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Kupamanduka, Gopalakrishna Adiga
- An Africa Thunderstorm, David Rubadiri
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph
- Mr. right, hasmukh amathalal
- To my newly-grad girlfriend, Jesse Swedlund
- जहां उम्मीदें नहीं धुलती हों चीखों की तरह, Aftab Alam