My husband, kiss me with the kisses of your mouth.
For your love is more delightful than wine,
Poured from the oldest bottle,
I cannot wait to be kissed by your lips.
But, when you do kiss me, take it slow and easy.
That I may savor every kiss, then don't worry about the hour.
That rushes you as you're in a hurry.
Kiss your new bride.
Pour the wine slow and easy.
Forgetting to show your manly pride,
Remembering you're doing it all for your young bride.
I'm yours as the ripest fruit that falls eagerly from the lowest bowed branches.
Waiting for your manly strong hands to touch me,
As a slave picks fruit for its master,
Looking for the ripest fruit to please their master,
No need to waste time.
God holds the chime.
When, you hold me the hour of time stops.
Every hour we spend together is a gift from God.
He knows I am yours, and you're mine.
Our love grows stronger than the thickest vine.
My fruit is ripe to the touch bursting forth from its sun kissed skins.
With every touch, you own me.
I am indebted to you.
You saved me the harshness of my father's house.
Rescued me from my sister's brother,
He chased me all the days of my youthful life.
I never thought I would live to be someone's wife.
But, now I can live.
Seeing my husband's faithful eyes,
I know I will never live in fright.
Never seeing the eyes of my evil brother,
My husband holds me tight.
He takes each breath in.
I feel his heartbeat next to mine.
His love is sweeter than the darkest red wine.
Picked from the plumpest juiciest grapes hanging from the vine,
Our hearts' entwine.
Promised from Heaven above; that our love will last through eternity.
We spend our nights in each other's arms'.
Sipping from the full glass of red wine,
Poured from our Creator's hands',
He sees through the eyes' of destiny at hand.
Seeing that I love you through hope gathered from childhood faith,
Never giving up, but seeing God's Holy light.
Loving you with every breath that my soul can reach,
I grasp for more.
Love to be poured.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Our Love by Patricia Kelley )
- This ugly image هذه الصورة القبيحة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns