One More Night
One more night, one more night
to be with you.
One more night to help me
make it through
Nights have come and the nights have gone.
But my heart goes on and on.
Take my hand. Let me feel
the touch of you.
Hold me close. That's all you've
ever had to do.
Tonight be mine this one more time
and I'll remember this night with you.
*** If you leave me, leave me while I'm sleeping
So I will never have to see.
And I will always keep believing
But I know there is no guarantee
That I'll have
Back to verse 2 and ***
Then end with Verse 1
Words and Music by
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One More Night by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Painting of A Sigh, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- A Child Is Born, Heather Burns
- Suicidal Hypocricy, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Shedding Light On A Gleam, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Political Suppression The Face Off, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- On Leaving To Come Back, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Oblivious Unconscious, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Addiction, Michael P. McParland
- Aching For Us, Michael P. McParland
- A Truth, Michael P. McParland