One Has To Eat Well By Using His Hand Without Spilling!
After praying the Almighty!
…While eating, one has to sit facing east;
Without sleeping, sitting perfectly,
…Without moving, without talking;
Without having unwanted attention, without spilling,
…One has to eat well by using his hand!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'One has to eat well by using his hand without spilling! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Aasaarak kOvai'
உண்ணுங்கா னோக்குந் திசைகிழக்குக் கண்ணமர்ந்து
தூங்கான் துளங்காமை நன்கிரீஇ - யாண்டும்
பிறிதியாது நோக்கா னுரையான் தொழுதுகொண்
டுண்க உகாஅமை நன்கு.20 ஆசாரக்கோவை
Comments about this poem (One Has To Eat Well By Using His Hand Without Spilling! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson