M.D Dinesh Nair
ON THIS FRIENDSHIP DAY I THANK YOU ALL...
A Friendship Day yet again
And I stand at the crossroads looking at them.
I stand in the dark while they stand in the light
And I begin to see them, only a few..
But they are there.
I need to stand in the light to be seen by them
And my friends, flash your torch of love
To erase this shade of darkness at times...
I thank you one and all..
I thank my oldest friend Surya Rao now 92
Who guided me for long on life and what not..
I thank Valsa my poet wonder not just born as my sister,
I thank Valerie and Hazel my learnt elder poet sisters living in the UK,
I thank Diane who plays magic with words and Heather my eldest sister from the U.S,
I thank Ramesh Rai and Chandra the observers of life all around,
I thank Nasarudheen, Bhaduri and Jayachandran my poet brothers in touch,
I thank John and Shahzia the poets with learning and broad minds,
I thank my dear Unwritten Soul, who writes and writes a lot of truths,
I thank Subbulakshmi and Geetha my two other sisters and ardent readers,
I thank Aswanth our Magic Box and Payal the nightingale.
I thank Robinson, Elenu and Bobby for smiling at me now and then,
I thank Peerboccus and Thomas Hise for being my friends once.
Where are you both now?
And I thank all others who are my friends otherwise over the PH.
Finally all my young friends, all my students mostly under 25
Bubbling with energy and optimism
While making me always feel younger..
I wish you all A HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY.
And thank you all for being my friends.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (ON THIS FRIENDSHIP DAY I THANK YOU ALL... by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Beauty Revisited, Narayana Raghavan
- Santiago, Nathalie Handal
- Limerick-36, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Nightened Color, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hello Man! Dawn Cracks Darkness (Cinquain), Harindhar Reddy
- Farewell To Spring, Narayana Raghavan
- The Moor, Nathalie Handal
- Your Songs Mean Nothing Now, Phil Soar
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)